Here is a brief history of the Felton Grove written by Robert Wright. His father purchased the Grove in 1940 right before Pearl Harbor. It was called “Felton Grove Resort”. The Grove, now a residential area, was a summer camping destination with tent platforms.
Photo of the dance pavilion in the Felton Grove Resort dance hall and snack bar ca. 1940. Click to print larger version of photo.